A water heater only gets the attention of its homeowner when it is broken or leaking. This is usually the case with a tank-style water heater which is used by the majority of homeowners. One way to eliminate the problem of a broken or leaking tank is by opting for a tankless water heater, aside from solving the problem of leakages, here are 5 top reasons Your Dream Home Improvements LLC have put together for you on why you should opt for a tankless water heater.
- Energy and cost saving: Homeowners are constantly on the lookout for cost-saving ideas and there is no better way to save cost than to install a tankless water heater. Although the cost of installation is higher than a tank storage water heater in comparison, there is the advantage of having a water heater with a longer useful life compared to a tank-style water heater. A tankless water heater has a life expectancy of over 20 years while a tank-style water heater lasts from 8 years to 12 years.
Aside from the cost saving from constant repairs from leakages and damages, there is also cost saving from electricity bills. A tankless water heater does not require intensive and constant use of electricity like a tank-style water heater which utilizes energy all the time to keep the water in the tank hot and readily available for use whenever it is needed. Irrespective of their usage, tankless water heaters are energy efficient and have low operating costs.
- Less space: There is nothing a homeowner likes best than creating space for other home improvement projects like storage rooms, extra rooms, extra cabinets and lots more. A tankless water heater takes up little to no space and this gives a homeowner the much-needed space to introduce other dream features into his or her home.
- Constant supply of hot water: Tankless water heaters have the ability to provide a constant supply of hot water provided your use is below the maximum allowable flow rate.
- Non-exposure to toxic metals: Tankless water heaters eliminate a homeowner’s exposure to toxic metals because the water is not stored in a tank which has the risk of being corroded.
- No explosion: With a tankless water heater, there is zero possibility of the tank exploding because there is no tank compared to a tank-style water heater which requires a temperature and pressure relief valve that opens to release pressure in order to prevent tank explosion.
Now you know the Top 5 reasons to install a tankless water heater, won’t you rather install one and save yourself the hassles associated with a tank-style water heater?
Here are some Pros and Cons of a Tankless Water Heater that you might want to consider:
- Instant Hot Water – After the cold water flushes out, they can provide an unending supply of hot water.
- Lifespan – A conventional hot water heater can last up to 10 years. Tankless Water Heaters can last double that.
- Lower Monthly Cost – Tankless Water Heaters are 22% more efficient than standard models. This can lead to hundreds of dollars of savings at the end of the year.
- Variation in Temperature – The temperature will vary from room to room, when multiple outlets are used at the same time.
- Higher Initial Cost – The traditional hot water heater will cost you around $500. The least inexpensive Tankless Hot Water Heater will start out around $1000. This can be out of the budget for most people.
- No Power No Hot Water – Tankless Hot Water Heaters can’t provide hot water during a power outage. This is one area where traditional hot water heater’s come out on top. Even in a power outage, the tank in a traditional hot water can hold hot water for days. Now there are other options such as a Power Bank, Solar Panels, or a generator. Any of these options will still give you the on demand hot water you wanted.
Tankless Water heaters are a great, supplemental way to heat your home. If you own a home in which you spend a significant amount of time away, then a tankless hot water heater may be a great option for you. They can provide you with warm, hot water even during cloudy, rainy, or cold days, when you’re not at home. Although they cost more up front, Tankless Water Heaters will save you money on energy bills in the long run, eliminate the possibility of water leaks and prevent the buildup of bacteria that conventional water heaters with tanks can create. They also have an outstanding lifespan and are very simple to install.
A tankless water heater is one of the best improvements that you can make to your home.
I hope you have found this article interesting and informative. Always remember that the Pros at Your Dream Home Improvement LLC are always here to help you make the right decision.
Home Improvement will focus on Healthier Living Spaces
Of late in the media, we have seen reports of formaldehyde being released from laminate flooring and cases of contaminated water among other home health scares. This has become a major concern to many homeowners. That is why in 2019, homeowners will be investing more money on improvements, which will create healthier living spaces.
These renovations will include water purification, installation of comfort-focused technologies, air filtration, and circadian lighting just to mention a few.
Paying more Attention to Resiliency and Sustainability
Natural calamities are occurring without warning and more frequently than the previous years. Most of the homeowners will be going for solutions that are more resilient. The homes that won’t embrace these reforms will stand a legitimate risk of being damaged in case adverse weather. This will even cost more for the homeowners. That is why we expect to see more use of metal in home improvement in the year 2019. Additionally, we will see the installation of oversize gutters, and downspouts not to mention ice water shield on the roof.
More use of Natural Materials and Motifs
The world is going green. Most of the people are yearning for comfort and warmth that comes with natural touches. Antony Chandler the President of Archifoma Group, feels that relaxing in your sitting room should evoke the same feeling as lying under a giant elm tree. In the year 2019, we expect home renovations to integrate a floral touch and other plants-based improvements.
Integration of Richer Color Palette
As we mentioned earlier, we expect homeowners to take bold moves when it comes to home improvement in 2019. One of the steps they will be taking is integrating a richer-color palette. Even though designers feel that muted colors avoid making living spaces overwhelming, we will be seeing homeowners using bolder colors. This year, be on the lookout for statement pinks, bold yellow, dramatic red and organic green.
Are you in need of a professional to help you with home improvement and repairs? Worry no more because at Your Dream Home Improvement we have made it our life purpose to help you with the undertaking, while you sit back and relax. Our unparalleled commitment to ensuring we keep up with all the modern trends is unmatchable. We pride ourselves with highly qualified employees who will help with all your needs.
Contact us today to get a free quote.