Licensed Plumber (Job Number 005)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the work site. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of project with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one stop Handyman and general home remodelling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that is driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking experienced Licensed Plumbers for a variety of projects.
Under general supervision of Project Manager or assigned Supervisor install pipes and fixtures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Interpret blueprints and building specifications to map layout for pipes, drainage systems, and other plumbing materials.
- Install pipes and fixtures, such as sinks and toilets, for water, gas, steam, air, or other liquids.
- Install supports for pipes, equipment, and fixtures prior to installation.
- Assemble fittings and valves for installation.
- Modify length of pipes, fixtures, and other plumbing materials as needed for a building.
- Use saws and pipe cutters as necessary.
- Install heating and air-conditioning systems, including water heaters.
- Collaborate with construction workers in installing and repairing plumbing.
- Test plumbing systems for leaks and other problems.
- Analyze problem and identify appropriate tools and materials for repair.
- Follow health and safety standards and complies with building codes.
- If requested, by the Project manager submit a detailed schedule for performance of the work, in a form acceptable to the Company, which shall comply with all scheduling requirements of the project documents.
- Shall at all times safely guard Employer’s property and other construction workers working close by from injury or loss in connection with the performance of his/her duty.
- Shall protect all Company’s equipment, apparatus, machinery and other property and materials used in the project as well as all adjacent work whenever guards, barricades, boarding, bracing, covering, or any other safeguards are needed so as to keep the premises safe and materials free from dampness, dirt, dust, or other damage resulting from high wind, rain or other weather conditions.
- Remove all such temporary protection upon completion of its operations.
- Write report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken.
- Shall keep the work/construction site in a clean and orderly condition and upon completion of its work shall remove from the premises all rubbish and surplus materials resulting from his/her Work.
- Must attend trainings organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Operate any machinery or equipment as may be necessary in the performance of his/her job functions.
- Must be properly licensed to perform his/her duties.
- Proven work experience as a craftsperson
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in excellence
- Excellent construction, repair and installation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
- Must be licensed
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills while teaching others
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial construction experience
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC