Installer (Job Number 003)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the work site. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of project with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one stop Handyman and general home remodelling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that is driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking experienced Floor installer, Glass installer, Dry wall installer, Furniture installer for a variety of projects.
Under general supervision of Project Manager or assigned Supervisor fabricate and prepare for fixtures for field or interior installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Test, install, maintain machinery, floor, glass and furniture.
- Read and interpret blueprints or specifications to determine size, shape, color, type, or thickness of glass, floor, location of framing, installation procedures, or staging or scaffolding materials required.
- Establish initial service by understanding customer’s requirements, installing and testing functionality and performance.
- Promote positive customer experience by promptly examining complaints and identifying solutions, suggesting improved methodologies, and recommending system enhancements.
- Maintains assigned tools and equipment in good operating condition by following instructions, troubleshooting malfunctions, maintaining supply levels, performing regular maintenance, and scheduling needed repairs.
- Set glass doors into frames and bolt metal hinges, handles, locks, or other hardware to attach doors to frames and walls.
- Fabricate or install metal sashes or moldings for glass installation, using aluminum or steel framing.
- Install carpeting, hardwood floors, trims and bases to floors or other surfaces
- Inspect, measure and prepare surfaces to be covered.
- Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings.
- Estimate material costs for the Company.
- Perform his/her work in a prompt and diligent manner in accordance with Employer’s directives and the schedule of work without hindering the work of other construction workers.
- If requested, by the Project manager submit a detailed schedule for performance of the work, in a form acceptable to the Company, which shall comply with all scheduling requirements of the project documents.
- Shall at all times safely guard Employer’s property and other construction workers working close by from injury or loss in connection with the performance of his/her duty.
- Shall protect all Company’s equipment, apparatus, machinery and other property and materials used in the project as well as all adjacent work whenever guards, barricades, boarding, bracing, covering, or any other safeguards are needed so as to keep the premises safe and materials free from dampness, dirt, dust, or other damage resulting from high wind, rain or other weather conditions.
- Remove all such temporary protection upon completion of its operations.
- Shall comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, codes, standards, orders, notices and requirements concerning the safety as shall be applicable to the work, the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, as amended, and all standards, rules, regulations and orders which have been or shall be adopted or issued thereunder, and with the safety standards established during the progress of the work.
- Shall keep the work/construction site in a clean and orderly condition and upon completion of its work shall remove from the premises all rubbish and surplus materials resulting from his/her Work.
- Must attend trainings organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Operate any machinery or equipment as may be necessary in the performance of his/her job functions.
- Must be properly licensed (if required) to perform his/her duties.
- Proven work experience as a craftsperson
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in excellence
- Excellent construction and installation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills while teaching others
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial construction experience
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC