Handyman (Job Number 009)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the worksite. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of projects with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one-stop Handyman and general home remodeling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that are driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking an all-round Handyman to handle a variety of repairs and maintenance in our projects.
Under the supervision of Project Manager, Handyman is responsible for and has the ability to fix any time and all types of construction equipment both common and uncommon construction-related work and is skilled in a wide range of repairs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Create and implement a plan of action for repairs including plumbing, doors, roof light, etc using various hand and power tools.
- Craft and implement routine preventative maintenance protocol.
- Diagnose machinery and equipment malfunctions using mechanical expertise.
- Regularly perform maintenance jobs and light repairs.
- Regularly perform various landscaping tasks.
- Fill gaps and provide painting services.
- Perform lighting installation and carpeting.
- Repair equipment and various machines and appliances.
- Identify, document and report maintenance and repair work.
- Suggest additional repairs when identified and needed.
- Comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, codes, standards, orders, notices and requirements concerning the safety as shall be applicable to the work.
- Keep the work/construction site in a clean and orderly condition and upon completion of its Work shall remove from the premises all rubbish and surplus materials resulting from his/her work.
- Attend training organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Be properly licensed (if required) to perform his/her duties.
- Proven work experience as a craftsperson.
- Highly motivated and the target is driven with a proven track record in trade skills and maintenance work.
- Excellent repair skills.
- In-depth knowledge of electrical and plumbing systems
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills while teaching others
- 3 years of experience with appropriate electrical tools and equipment.
- Familiar with field concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Able to multi-task.
- Self-motivated and a team player.
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed.
- Able to follow directions to ensure the completion of daily tasks.
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment.
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers.
- have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work.
- Flexibility to work extra hours.
- Have a high regard for safety with the necessary knowledge of health and safety procedures and precautions.
- Literacy and Numeracy skills are sufficient to check delivery notes, measurements, etc.
- Ability to regularly handle/carry items.
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC