Licensed Electrician (Job Number 006)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the work site. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of project with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one stop Handyman and general home remodelling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that is driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking experienced Licensed Electricians for a variety of projects.
Under general supervision of Project Manager or assigned Supervisor install, repair and maintain existing or new electrical systems
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to their sales team and to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Install and connect the wires to circuit breakers, transformers, outlets, or other components and systems.
- Read blueprints, prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install, repair, and maintain electrical systems and components (lighting, wiring, transformers, outlets, circuit breakers, etc.).
- Identify electrical problems.
- Adhere to best practices when wiring, re-wiring, or repairing existing electrical systems.
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on each project specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Maintain records and files, prepare reports and order supplies and equipment.
- Write report documenting the problem and summary of actions taken.
- Perform his/her work in a prompt and diligent manner in accordance with Employer’s directives and the schedule of work without hindering the work of other construction workers.
- If requested, by the Project manager submit a detailed schedule for performance of the work, in a form acceptable to the Company, which shall comply with all scheduling requirements of the project documents.
- Shall at all times safely guard Employer’s property and other construction workers working close by from injury or loss in connection with the performance of his/her duty.
- Shall protect all Company’s equipment, apparatus, machinery and other property and materials used in the project as well as all adjacent work whenever guards, barricades, boarding, bracing, covering, or any other safeguards are needed so as to keep the premises safe and materials free from dampness, dirt, dust, or other damage resulting from high wind, rain or other weather conditions.
- Remove all such temporary protection upon completion of its operations.
- Shall comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, codes, standards, orders, notices and requirements concerning the safety as shall be applicable to the work.
- Shall keep the work/construction site in a clean and orderly condition and upon completion of its work shall remove from the premises all rubbish and surplus materials resulting from his/her Work.
- Must attend trainings organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Operate any machinery or equipment as may be necessary in the performance of his/her job functions.
- Must be properly licensed to perform his/her duties.
- Proven work experience as a craftsperson
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in excellence
- Excellent construction, repair and installation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills while teaching others
- Minimum 3 years’ commercial construction experience
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
- Must be licensed
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC