Carpenter (Job Number 002)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the work site. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of project with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one stop Handyman and general home remodelling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that is driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking experienced Carpenters, Plasterer, Joiner, Dry wall installers, Dry wall finisher and Framing carpenter for a variety of projects.
Under general supervision of Project Manager or assigned Supervisor fabricate and prepare for finishing of various wood, composition and plastic structures, and fixtures for field installations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Read and adhere to the blueprint or follow the detailed instructions and complete the layout for the project he is assigned to.
- Ensure all measurements and materials meet state and local building regulations.
- Construct, erect, install, and repair structures and fixtures made from wood and other materials.
- Carry out any and all carpentry duties that may be from time to time assigned by the Project Manager.
- Perform his/her work in a prompt and diligent manner in accordance with Employer’s directives and the schedule of work without hindering the work of other construction workers.
- If requested, by the Project manager submit a detailed schedule for performance of the work, in a form acceptable to the Company, which shall comply with all scheduling requirements of the project documents.
- Safely guard Employer’s property and other construction workers working close by from injury or loss in connection with the performance of his/her duty.
- Protect all Company’s equipment, apparatus, machinery and other property and materials used in the project as well as all adjacent work whenever guards, barricades, boarding, bracing, covering, or any other safeguards are needed so as to keep the premises safe and materials free from dampness, dirt, dust, or other damage resulting from high wind, rain or other weather conditions.
- Remove all such temporary protection upon completion of its operations.
- Comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, codes, standards, orders, notices and requirements concerning the safety as shall be applicable to the work.
- Keep the work/construction site in a clean and orderly condition and upon completion of its Work shall remove from the premises all rubbish and surplus materials resulting from his/her work.
- Attend trainings organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Be properly licensed (if required) to perform his/her duties.
- Proven work experience as a craftsperson
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in excellence
- Excellent construction, repair and installation skills
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills while teaching others
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial construction experience
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC
Job Posting: April 8, 2019
Closing Date: Ongoing
Primary Location: United States-North Carolina.