Construction Helpers (Job Number 004)
At YDHILLC, your safety is our number one priority. We acknowledge the value that each skilled craft person brings to the work site. As our employee, you will have the prospect to work on multiple and different types of project with a Company that is the winner of Best Home Advisor and a one stop Handyman and general home remodelling contractor. Be part of our outstanding workmen that is driven by optimum and qualitative construction works.
We are seeking experienced Construction Helpers, Painters and General Labourers for a variety of projects.
Under general supervision of Project Manager or assigned Supervisor assist other field workers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities listed here represent the minimum requirements for this position. It is expected that employees will seek out opportunities to contribute to the company beyond the items listed below.
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operator, carpenters, and other skilled labor when necessary.
- Prepare construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as scaffolding.
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from Project Manager and other Supervisors.
- Assist construction workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up.
- Perform his/her work in a prompt and diligent manner in accordance with Employer’s directives.
- Shall at all times safely guard Employer’s property and other construction workers working close by from injury or loss in connection with the performance of his/her duty.
- Shall protect all Company’s equipment, apparatus, machinery and other property and materials used in the project as well as all adjacent work whenever guards, barricades, boarding, bracing, covering, or any other safeguards are needed so as to keep the premises safe and materials free from dampness, dirt, dust, or other damage resulting from high wind, rain or other weather conditions.
- Remove all such temporary protection upon completion of construction works.
- Shall comply with all Federal, State, Municipal and local laws, ordinances, rules, regulations, codes, standards, orders, notices and requirements concerning the safety as shall be applicable to the work, the Federal Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1970, as amended, and all standards, rules, regulations and orders which have been or shall be adopted or issued thereunder, and with the safety standards established during the progress of the work.
- Must attend trainings organized by the Company for the effective performance of his/her duties.
- Experience as a craftsman
- Highly motivated and target driven with a proven track record in excellence
- Prioritizing, time management and organizational skills
Sales Representative Skills and Qualifications:
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously improve skills
- Minimum 2 years’ commercial construction experience
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Flexibility to work extra hours
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
Reports To: Project Manager or designated Supervisor
Company: Your Dream Home Improvements LLC